Tuesday, 26 February 2013

On to production!

WEEEEEEEW I GOT 15 FOLLOWERS NOW

HEY.
Next on the agenda, is the production of my short film 'Mirror Image'
Now, to start, I took my expression sheets for my character (from pre production) and tried to translate that into a sculpt. (just to get some basic ideas of scale etc...)

Here is what I worked from...



 From these sketches, I created a basic wire armature (with the aid of a couple of one pence pieces for a chest and hips)


To start I sculpted a head, trying to get the likeness and personality of my character, this came out alright, but the hair is not what it will look like in the final film.

Sculpted in Super Sculpey Firm. with a hard foam core and beads from my girlfriend's bracelet that 'accidentally' broke.


THEY LOOKED LIKE EYES OK, CAN YOU BLAME ME.




 I then sculpted a body (in plasticine) on to the wire armature.

(P.s: I used plasticine to save on wasting expensive Sculpey)

(P.p.s: I used sculpey on the head because I can sculpt better with it, and it needed more detail. :) )



So yeah, once I achieved this, I had more of an idea of what my armature will look like and I have a better understanding of the character now :)