Sunday 14 April 2013

I 'broke the mould' making this one... Lol jokes the mould is fine.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOOKING AT MY BLOG?!?

Nah its fine don't worry
Anyways when we left off I was babblin' on about armatures. so next, I thought I'd show you my miniature girl.

As I said before, there's a couple scenes that show a hill with a little girl on top. So to save me making another full armature with clothes and all that, I decided to make this hill scene in miniatures.  
So here I go:

Firstly I sculpted a design of the little girl on top of the miniature armatures made previously
She's shown below:



She's only being seen from the back 3/4s so the sculpt of her face wasn't too important, for this, i just need a readable silhouette of a girl, I think It works...


Next the claying up.
I rolled out a sheet of plaster scene with a rolling pin...


I then cut out her basic shape in the plasticene and plonked her in.



Carefully, I clayed her up so she was half submerged in the plasticise. This would give me the one part of the mould.

I added moulding keys also :)


I then boxed her in ready to pour plaster on her...


I then got prepped for making plaster. with a checklist of things I needed:

  • Clayed up and boxed in sculpt 
  • Cup of water  
  •  Cup of plaster (in this case, a Marmite lunchbox) 
  •  A whisk 
  •  A mat, to stop mess! 
  •  Extra plasticene in case of leakages 
  •  Bravery 
  •  Courage 
  •  Patience

I then made the plaster, poured it and then waited for it to set.
I unboxed the mould and removed the clay to find One part of my mould!
WOO!


I cleaned things up and then added more shapes around the sculpt so I could remove the two parts of the mould easily when using sticky silicone












I then boxed her in again, placed the K&S where I needed a hole for the swing and then poured some more plaster on top





And here are the two parts of my mould! waahooo!

I then filled the mould up with black silcone (as she'll be as a silhouette)




However, the final didn't come out as planned, and I've run out of silicone now, so I'll upload a pic when I've made a version i'm 'happy' with.



Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment